Quote of the Day:

"Creativity is allowing yourself to make mistakes. Art is knowing which ones to keep." - Scott Adams

Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Painting the Night

I attended another one day workshop with Cindy Briggs.
The subject for this workshop was painting night scenes.
The following is what I painted.
Keep in mind there is a limited amount of time to paint so
I needed capture the essence of what she was teaching.
Lets just say the stone masons who put in the windows
failed to use a level. :)
I plan on going out this evening to capture some night shots
in downtown Bend so that I can practice. 


One of the most valuable tips I picked up:
When you are painting figures, (that are all situated basically level, not on a hill)
to create an appropriate sense of perspective between those nearest you
and those receeding into the distance,
all of their heads should be basically at the same level.

I have been working on other paintings as well
but because many of them will be gifts or Christmas cards
I can't share them at this time.

I will share this one.
This is a housepainting I did for a relative who just
purchased this as a vacation home.

Happy Holiday Season!
So Busy!

No comments:

Post a Comment