Quote of the Day:

"Creativity is allowing yourself to make mistakes. Art is knowing which ones to keep." - Scott Adams

Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Robin's Egg Blue

As promised here are a couple of pictures
of Blue Pear Gallery set up in Autry's Four Season's Florist.

It is surprising to me how long it took to get everything together. 
Prints, cards, plastic sleeves in various sizes, acrylic card spinner, frames, mats, stickers....
not to mentions the paintings.  Fortunately, for the notecards, I was able to draw on the
multitudes of artist trading cards I have stored in my computer.  They enlarge just fine!
The framed paintings will look better mounted on the wall but other merchandise
needed to be moved  first and we didn't have time for that before the event last Thursday evening. 
 "Morningstar Frost" is the only one on the wall so far. 
 It is the pastel in the background with the yellow/lavender color palette.

I have one new painting:


"Robin's Egg Blue"
Watercolor on 300lb premium watercolor paper
5"x5"

After finally getting everything up in the flower shop I took a few days "off"
to take care of the house and laundry, which had gone begging for a while. 
Everything is clean and tidy now and today I will resume painting. 
I plan to do some pastel work so I think I will lay out the drop cloths,
turn on the air filter and get busy!

No comments:

Post a Comment