Quote of the Day:

"Creativity is allowing yourself to make mistakes. Art is knowing which ones to keep." - Scott Adams

Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Lupine and Indian Paintbrush

"Lupine and Indian Paintbrush"
Watercolor on 300lb. paper
Painting Size 7.5" x 7.5"

I have been doing exercises in loosening up this week.

The following are a few Semi-Abstract Landscapes.
These came about because I was getting frustrated with my landscape paintings,
they all felt too "manufactured" to me. 
So I started pouring paint down wet paper.
I happened upon an interesting interaction between
 Mayan Blue Genuine and Quinacridone Deep Gold paint...
can you pick it out in these paintings?

"Storm Glow"
Painting size:  4.5" x 6.5"
"Rural Stillness"
Painting Size:  4.5" x 6.5"
"Beside Still Waters"
Painting size:  3" x 4.5"
"Reflection on Golden Pond"
Painting size:  8" x 10"

There are more...
These were really exciting to do and I think it's a technique I will continue to use.

No comments:

Post a Comment