Quote of the Day:

"Creativity is allowing yourself to make mistakes. Art is knowing which ones to keep." - Scott Adams

Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Nasturtiums and Purple Sage

This week in the world of Blue Pear I am working on larger paintings.  I find larger paintings more difficult, I don't know why.  This one is "Nasturtiums and Purple Sage", 11"x14".  I'm still working on it, deepening the darks and cleaning up edges.  I haven't decided if I am going to leave the upper left corner light or go really dark with it. My thinking is the red might really pop with a darker background.  On the other hand it might overpower it and once it is dark I can't take it back!  I have a tendency to overwork paintings and this one is looking pretty good right now so I don't want to go too far.

On the business side of art here is a peek at what I am cooking up.
Having fun with my logo and seeing what can be done with a painting at the same time! From upper right:  Round stickers for the back of notecard boxes etc., lined paper notebook, totebag, box of notecards, business card and a single notecard.  I would have to charge around $28.00 for the totebag unless I can figure out a way to sell large quantities, I'm not sure about that one.  It is pretty big so maybe that wouldn't be too much???  It's a fun Christmas present idea if nothing else.

No comments:

Post a Comment